Sunday, November 16, 2008

Mommy & Ryder Date Night

We all know how much dogs, kids and just about everyone loves Jeremy. He's irresistible. I get it, I married him. But the thing is even our own kids are catching on to just how cool he is and prefering him over me. Ok, so it's just Ryder, but I know he will unintentionally woo Payton his way once she gets a bit older.

Ryder now wants Daddy to do the stuff I always used to do ... read him books, snuggle with him in bed, take him to school (an hour before I am leaving for work and I still have to go and drop off Payton -- at the same place) and even wipe his bottom! There have been some instances that are just too heartbreaking that I can't bear to type them out for you. If you want to know, call me and I'll tell you. Seeing it written out is just too much for me.

Yes, I'm feeling sorry for myself.

So what do I do? I take Ryder on a date to spend a little one-on-one time together and show him that I'm just as hip and cool as Daddy is. We went to Disney on Ice. He loved it. He is saving his money to go to Mickey Mouse's house (AKA Disneyland) so seeing Mickey (and all the Disney characters) was perfect for him. In fact, he actually thought the arena was Mickey's house.

So you may ask, how is our relationship now? Well, seeing Mickey didn't mend it, but we're making progress. If he knows how to break my heart now, what's it going to be like when he's a teenager?





No comments: