Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Snowed-in In Seattle

We traveled to Seattle the weekend of December 19 to visit friends and the Bordner family since we were spending Christmas with my family this year at their cabin. Wow, what a weekend we picked -- we were literally snowed-in all weekend.

Because of the snow I wasn't able to see my friends, as I was nervous I would get stuck in downtown Seattle and wouldn't be able to get back to feed Payton. Good decision; the snow kept coming and the cabs didn't.

So, while Jeremy spent Saturday and most of Sunday in downtown Seattle with some buddies(he visited the new Seahawks training facility and went to the game – thanks Tom!), Ryder, Payton and I spent some quality time with the family, and we had a great time. I enjoyed catching up with Katka and Julie, and had a nice talk with Tucker about my job and the challenges of being a working mom.

Jeremy's brothers, David and Peter, and brother-in-law, Jeret, joined Jeremy for the Seahawks game. David got some pics and video from the game; pretty amazing how close they were to the players. It was a great game for the boys to attend - Holmgren's last home game as a Seahawks coach, a chance to see the great Brett Favre play, the Seahawks won! (after a pretty dismal season) and it was snowing nearly the entire game. Thanks to our good friend, Coach Tom Headlee, for hooking the boys up to go to the game!

Ryder also got to see his girlfriend, Kaitlyn (actually Peter's girlfriend), while in Seattle. Ryder was talking with Jeremy about seeing Kaitlyn. Here's a quick snapshot of that conversation:

Ryder: Is Kaitlyn going to be there?
Jeremy: Yes, she'll be there.
Ryder: I love Kaitlyn.
Jeremy: Yes, I love Kaitlyn, too.
Ryder: Is she going to be wearing a dress?
Jeremy: I don't know, we'll have to see.
Ryder: I think she will. I think she'll also have some pretty stuff in her hair.

Here are some pics from our visit.



No comments: