Monday, July 6, 2009

Fourth of July Weekend

For the Fourth of July we loaded up Jeremy's truck and headed to the Tri-Cities to spend some time with my parents. We spent a lot of time on the boat, went for bike rides, took some much needed naps, and played endless games of baseball with Ryder.
Highlights from the weekend:
  • The boat. There is nothing better than being on the water and I am so glad that Jeremy feels the same. Thanks mom & dad for taking us out and letting Ryder drive! We had a great time.
  • Going out for cocktails with my high school friends, Kelli and her husband Jeff and Melissa. It was so good to see them ... we're planning a for them to come visit sometime in September. I would love to show them what my Boise life is all about.
  • Talking with Ryder about what he wanted to be when he grew up ... the conversation was post time-out from Jeremy so he was a little sad and even more dad-clingy than normal. When we were walking down to my parents boat on the 4th I asked Ryder if he wanted to be a baseball player when he got bigger. He said "no, I want to be a daddy." It was so sweet.
  • Watching Miss P spend some time with her grandparents. I may be biased, but she certainly is the sweetest little girl around.
  • Getting to see my brother, Brad, and having him spend time with Payton and Ryder.
  • Stopping by to see my Grandma Jo and Aunt Debbie & Uncle Eric. My grandma had this beautiful green velvet settee/love seat for years. She gave it to me this weekend, which I absolutely love. It looks so good in our house. And she gave Ryder an old vintage radio that he put in his room ... such cool pieces. Thanks Grandma!

Ryder and Payton enjoying time with Grandma Jan and Grandpa Chris on the boat!


Both Grandpa Chris and Ryder were about to fall asleep while watching the fireworks.

Grandpa Chris feeding Payton limes ... she loved them. She had about three.


Ryder and Grandpa Chris going for a ride in the dinghy.

2 comments:

maggimail1@gmail.com said...

Kirstin and Jeremy:
I think you should give the kids tennis lessons. Boise State has a fabulous team you live in a great place for tennis! Soccer is a good warmup for the running needed in tennis. David and Colleen still play and David was the team captain last year. Colleen was voted team captain this year. I still play on a couple of teams and just for fun every week. Love you guys! Great blog!

Crystal / Jayson said...

That is a great pic with your parents and the kiddos in the boat! Happy to see new blog posts! Take care.