Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Owweeee!!!!

Payton got an owwweeee. On Friday she was crawling out the front door, I saw her heading that way ... didn't think any harm. I was chasing Ryder and when I went to grab Payton, she started crying. I looked down and her little hand was on the threshold (the metal part on the bottom of the door), which had been baking in the hot sun. She burned it so bad, I felt awful for her. I had to run her hand under cold water for a good couple of hours and then I held her on the couch until 3am with her hand in a bucket of cold water while she slept.

We took her into the doctor on Saturday and they said she had second degree burns on her hand. She'll be fine though, the biggest concern is if it gets infected. They gave us a prescription for some medicated burn cream that we put on twice a day. We keep her hand padded pretty well with gauze and coban so she can still crawl around.

This poor girl! My hope is that she's going to get it out of her system now ... we'll see.


1 comment:

shauna said...

Poor thing! Ouchie!