Sunday, July 26, 2009

Mommy Weekend

Jeremy was gone this weekend (re-enacting the movie "The Hangover" LA-style with his cousins for Roy's bachelor party) and then I picked him up at the airport at1:20 for a 20-minute tease. What do I mean by that? After picking him up, I dropped him off with some Boise friends (through EO) for a trip up north of McCall for their yearly "planning" for the group. Mmmmhmmmm. Lots of planning will get done, I'm sure.

I don't want to complain though, the kids have actually been quite wonderful this weekend and we've had a blast. Ryder has been the sweetest boy and it's been fun watching Payton get into all sorts of mischief. And Ryder has been my snuggle-bug at night. So while I haven't had the best nights sleep, it's fun to have slumber parties with my little man.

I must also give many, many thanks to the Kaerney's for letting us come out on the boat with them yesterday! That was a great break in the day and a good way to wear the kiddos out for the night. Both Ryder & Payton fell asleep on the drive home and were out until the next morning. Ryder & Morgan went tubing and didn't want to get off until we finally forced them off after about 30mins of bouncing and whipping.

Anyway, Jeremy gets back on Tuesday and I can't wait. I miss him terribly. He's such a good daddy & husband and our house just isn't the same without him here.

Oh, and I've stalked/bugged my mom long enough and she's coming into town this week too! We're getting ready for Miss P's 1st birthday party on Saturday. Molly and I are hosting a joint birthday bash for Payton & Delaney (born one day apart!). I'll update you next week on that!

1 comment:

Crystal / Jayson said...

I feel your pain! Being a "temporary single mom" is very hard! Thankfully Jeremy will be home soon. Now, if we can just get Jayson home....