Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Visit from Tucker & Susie

I love summer. It's a time when friends & family come to visit us in Boise! This weekend we had Jeremy's parents come into town. What fun we had! We went for a LONG bike ride (for us - it was 8 miles! On our cruisers, that's long.) out to Lucky 13 after a quick swim at the Nat with the kiddies. Ryder wanted to show Grandma & Grandpa what a good swimmer he is.
Then Jeremy and I finally got to go out on a date! It has been a while. Susie & Tucker put the kids to bed and Jeremy and I jetted out. I forget what fun what Boise is. We stopped by a local coffee shop, grabbed a few iced drinks and walked around downtown in the Basque block and in BoDo. There were a ton of people out ... the Basque block closed the street down and they had this great band playing and a huge crowd of people doing some fun dancing. No worries, there was no dancing on our part. As I said, we only had coffee that night ... not wine.

While in BoDo ... we noticed that a whole new crop of restaurants & bars had popped up. Who knew? We decided to spend our night going to the movies though. We went and saw "The Hangover." Hilarious, awkward and several "are you kidding me?" moments ... it was most definitely a dude movie.

Many thanks to Susie & Tucker for coming to visit us this past weekend and letting Jeremy and I sneak out for a bit ... it was definitely needed. Plus, we didn't have to pay for a sitter!
I didn't have my camera out much during the weekend, but I did grab a few pics of the kids with Susie & Tucker.




No comments: